We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Modding of the legacy Kee Engine version is possible, but discouraged, as this version is no longer in development.
Modding of the UE4 Version of Automation is supported starting end of September 2017.
You will need to download and install UE4 Editor 4.16.3 From Epic Games, To do this grab the Launcher from here: https://www.unrealengine.com/download
Do not install UE4 Editor to Program Files. install the editor to somewhere like c:\UE4\UE_4xx or similar.
Within Steam Go to Library Tools, and download the Automation - Car Company Tycoon Workshop Tools, this contains the mod project for Automation.
IF your Steam Library is within Program files. It is recommended to copy AutomationGame project to another folder.
Once installed, you can open the AutomationGame project with UE4 Editor.
Core Concepts[edit | edit source]
- Mods in UE4 are called 'Plugins'.
- Do not make any assets in the Root Content folder, Only make assets in your mod's folder. See Content Browser Below.
- Editor assets cannot be used directly by the game, they have to be cooked. We can only cook your plugin, not our content. Hence the requirement to make content in your mod folder.
- Cooking is probably going to be bugged for a few versions, don't worry. Keep making mod stuff and we will get it to work.
Content Browser[edit | edit source]
- Click on 'Show or hide sources' icon To the left of the Content Browser Search box to view the folder structure.
- Click on View Options (bottom right of the content browser), Turn on 'Show Plugin Content'.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
- We have not implemented custom levels yet, but feel free to start making your own photo scenes, we will support them soon.
- We have not yet implemented a way for you to build custom materials to load onto cars/fixtures. As we have to replace materials at runtime, we will provide a mechanism for this at some point.
Mod Types[edit | edit source]
Cooking[edit | edit source]
Select Share -> Mod Name to share.
WARNING THE FOLDER YOU SELECT WILL HAVE ALL OF ITS CONTENTS DELETED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.[edit | edit source]
Fixing Possible Cooking Issues:
- Search Output Log for 'Error:'
- Lines will be prefixed by UATHelper
- If Error contains 'Unable to find PackagePlugins' or similar. This is due to the Editor being in Program Files. And unable to copy Camso_UATScripts.Automation.dll to Engine/Binaries/DotNet/AutomationScripts. You can do this yourself by going to AutomationGame/Build/Camso_UATScripts/bin and copying the DLL to UE4/Engine/Binaries/DotNet/AutomationScripts
- Google Other Errors, or ask on forums.